Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine Treat Bags

Happy Valentines Day! I thought I would share with you the Valentine Treat Bags I made for my son to hand out to all his classmates. I knew I wanted to do treat pull bags with popcorn, but after I got to thinking about making 20 of these and all the ribbon, card stock and double sided tape...EEKS way too expensive! So...I decided to do away with the whole pull part to save on the ribbon and instead of using card stock I used plain brown lunch sacks. And since I used such a light weight paper I was able to use a glue stick to secure the paper bag together. Check out how I made these cute little bags below and have a wonderful Valentines Day!


Supplies: Brown paper lunch sack, scissors, glue stick, double sided tape, ribbon, stamped or digital image, card stock, sponge and ink for distressing, SU! round 1 1/4 and horizontal slot punches, Scor-Pal, and popcorn.

Cut off bottom of bag at 8 inches.

With scissors cut down the side of the bag then cut at 9 1/4 with your paper cutter. I cut the section off with the half circle cut out in it.


With glue stick, place glue along left and bottom sides of bag. Place popcorn on the bag and basically "wrap it". I glued the right side first then the left.

After gluing pull popcorn bag out and punch a half circle at the top of the bag.

To make it look like a sealed bag I scored 3 lines at the bottom.


Now place popcorn back in bag.

Get your digital or stamped image and punch on the center of the left side for your ribbon.

Place ribbon through the back side of the hole and around the back of the bag.  

Tie a bow.

Place a small piece of double sided tape on back of image to secure right side.

And now you have some inexpensive treat bags!
You can find some adorable vintage valentines here. Please read their TOU

No comments:

Post a Comment